[Last updated: January 28 2019]
This privacy statement explains the policies we follow when collecting, using or sharing your personal information. We encourage you to read this statement carefully. We may update this statement from time to time. When we make changes we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If we make substantial changes we will prominently post notification of these changes and/or communicate this through our services. You should check back here periodically to find any updates to this statement.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the details below.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information to provide you with our products, services and to enhance your customer/member experience. You provide some of this information to us directly, and some is generated by your interactions with our websites and services. We may also obtain information about you from other sources (including other companies or service providers that provide services that have been integrated with services provided by us).
Information you give us. You share personal information with us directly when you create an account and provide information for your profile on our websites or mobile applications or when you make a request, purchase or otherwise make a submission (e.g. question, posting, review, comment, etc.) through the websites (including any discussion boards, online forums, etc. available on the websites). This information includes your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and the content of messages, feedback and phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives. We collect certain payment related information where payment by you is required for a service. We do not view or store your credit card information. Credit card information is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order.
Information we get from your visits to our websites and use of our services. We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you install or access our websites and services. This includes:
- Information about your operating system, hardware version, type of device, unique device identifiers, device settings, file and software names and types
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or internet service provider, browser type, language, IP addresses, the address of referring websites and the path you take through our website
- Information from technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services
- Location information through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals.
Information from other sources. We do not collect any information about you from other sources outside of your interaction with us or any affiliates.
Use of your personal information
We use your information to provide you with information on and access to our management, community development and community engagement and related services in respect of condominium properties and to support and manage our business/sites and services. For example, we use your information to:
- Provide, promote, improve and develop our products, services and use of our website
- Communicate or engage with you including providing you with customer support, responding to your requests, obtaining feedback, conducting surveys, soliciting input for governance proceedings;
- Offer content or services tailored to you (including marketing materials or incentives based on your location) and measure its effectiveness;
- Process, verify and validate service requests including payment for services or products ordered by you (including in respect of any payment disputes)
- Promote the security and integrity of our websites/services/business
To provide, improve and develop our products, service and use of our website. We use your information to respond to and fulfill your requests for products and services, to enable us to provide our services and products to you, to understand and improve the operation and performance of our websites and services, to measure and assess the performance of our services, administer surveys.
To communicate with you. We use your information to send you notifications, let you know about our products and services, communicate our policies, and to respond to you when you contact us.
To offer tailored content, services and measure effectiveness of such offers. We use the information we collect to personalize and enhance our service offerings, website, mobile services and marketing efforts as well as measure the effectiveness of such efforts. In the case of marketing efforts, we use your information to help select marketing materials to be delivered to you on our own services or on services offered by third parties based potentially on your current location, search query or viewing content; or they may be based on such information collected over time combined with other data.
To process service requests. We use the information you provide to facilitate fulfillment of service requests, to process delivery of purchased service or products, and to validate and resolve payment disputes. We do not view or store your credit card information. Credit card information is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order.
To promote the security and integrity of our websites/services/business. We use the information we have to verify accounts and user activity, to detect and prevent against fraud or other criminal activity, and to enforce our Terms of Service.
Sharing your information
We may share your information:
- with our affiliates, service providers and business partners for the uses set out above
- when necessary to meet legal requirements or to protect us, you or others
- in connection with a business transfer, reorganization or bankruptcy or insolvency
Examples of how we may share your personal information:
With our affiliates. We share your information with our affiliates for the purposes described in “Use of your personal information”.
With service providers that help with our business activities Some service providers help us complete a transaction or provide a service that you have requested; they include payment card processors, property managers, condominium service providers and municipal authorities. Other service providers help us improve our products and services; they include businesses that provide technical infrastructure and IT services, data analysis, and customer support.
With business partners We may offer joint promotions or programs with other companies, that, if you choose to participate, will require us to share your information with those partner companies to enable us and these companies to make products or services available to our users through our websites. We indicate when products or services are offered by or together with our partner companies and, share with these companies relevant information related to your purchase or use of the products and services. These partner companies are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Necessary to comply with a legal requirement or to protect us, you or others We may have to share your information in special circumstances. This would include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will protect the safety, property or rights of Company our users, or other persons.
- Legal Requirement: For example, we may share your information in response to a legal request (a subpoena, search warrant, or court order) if we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of Rights: We may also share information to collect debts, to detect and prevent fraud or illegal activity on or through our, to protect our rights, property or safety and that of our affiliates and our employees, users, or others.
In connection with a sale, merger, sale of assets or reorganization of our company. As our business develops we may reorganize our operations or sell our business. In such a case user information, could be shared with potential purchasers, successors and their advisors.
Your choices and access to your information
You have choices about the ways we communicate with you, the information and materials you receive from us, and the controls you enable to block the transfer of certain information.
You also have certain rights to access personal information we hold about you, and to have us address any concerns about our policies and practices.
Communication preferences You can choose how you receive communications from us by changing the communication preferences or by following the instructions in a message from us (such as click on an unsubscribe link in an email)] Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain communications (such as messages relating to your account transactions).
- Browser controls: Most web browsers contain controls that allow you to block or delete cookies (this is usually done through privacy settings). Certain features of our site depend on cookies; if you choose to block cookies you may not be able to use those features or may lose preferences based on those cookies.
- Tracking Protection: Your web browser may have a feature to prevent tracking that blocks third party content, including cookies, from sites you enable this feature for.
- Mobile device opt-outs: You can adjust the settings of your mobile device to control whether your device communicates location information. Some mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based advertising on mobile applications.
If you cannot access, update or delete information not under the control of the property manager through your account or the services you can contact us directly.
Keeping your information
We will only retain your information as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
We maintain a variety of safeguards to protect your information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, use or modification. These safeguards include physical, organizational and technical measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. For example, the personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems with limited access, located in controlled facilities and our data is hosted by a hosting services provider that maintains a number of security compliance certifications including ISO 27001.
We evaluate our equipment and security procedures regularly and modify them as necessary. Unfortunately, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the internet and information systems, and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems, websites, Services or applications will be completely safe or secure.
Other Important Information
Shift Next Level Innovations Inc. is based in Canada.
We may process and store your personal information at a facility in the United States of America in which we maintain or use facilities or hosted services. Information processed there may be subject to access by law enforcement or other governmental agencies in those countries pursuant to lawful orders or legal process. Any personal information you provide to us may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone 416-489-59732
By post Shift Next Level Innovations Inc. 185 Frederick St, Unit 101, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4L4